“INNOVATEMED” – Innovative actions for trade and enterprise in the Mediterranean
The project aims to revitalise traditional and high added value SMEs from the Mediterranean area through the development of innovative clusters in order to foster their internationalization. In order for this to be achieved, it is essential to take advantage of synergies among SMEs coming from different MED regions to the benefit of the MED economy, as well as strengthen their capacity to promote themselves and to compete in a wider market.
The objectives of the project are:
- a collaborative network among public institutions to support innovative clusters for internationalisation and promote a brand or system for MED SMES;
- pilot initiatives to verify the transfer of models of innovative actions and role of clusters;
- capacity building on diffusing and involving local SMEs through the peer learning principle;
- development of an experimental strategy of marketing and promotion for two horizontal clusters in sectors traditionally strong but in need of modernization, partnership and promotion in order to enhance their competitiveness at national and EU/international level;
- identifying new cluster opportunities for innovative products based on MED raw materials and traditional artisan products indicating market opportunities and internationalisation strategies.
KiNNO Consultants Ltd. as the external expert of the Read SA – Development Agency of South Aegean, is responsible for:
- Development of a Protocol Agreement among the partners
- Implementation of a joint Promotion/Dissemination Guide of the International cooperation network
- Technical support for the organization of two local workshops for SMEs in the Region of Dodecanese
- Elaboration of a database with data of Regional SMEs
- Implementation of a guide for potential opportunities of SMEs in innovation and Internationalization strategies
Partnership: Province of Naples (Italy), Prefecture of Dodecanese (Greece), County Council of Alicante (Spain) , Heraklion Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Greece), National Company – The Maritime Danube Ports Administration SA Galati (Romania), Territorial Employment Pact in the Ribera (Spain), Fundación Comunidad Valenciana – Región Europea (Spain).