EMPHASIS - Euro-Mediterranean Network Facilitating Market Uptake of Innovations from SMEs aims at integrating experiences to deploy, validate and mainstream an open innovation system that supports SMEs to exploit innovations that tackle sustainability challenges and turn them into business opportunities through external cross-border partnerships at EUROMED.
EMPHASIS will experiment with novel collaborative models of innovation, building a vibrant community of OI actors and stimulate and support open, regional and cross-border innovation
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Design & setup of an Open Innovation Network, offering integrated innovation support services, validating OI Opportunities & fostering cross border partnerships that will enhance uptake of external knowledge that can turn sustainability priorities into tangible business opportunities for growth.
- Increase capacities of SMEs to innovate and their readiness to engage with Innovation Partners by building cross-border partnerships (OI projects) with external entities and turning external knowledge into new products, services and business opportunities.
- Validate the EMPHASIS Open Innovation approach and engage policy makers and stakeholders contributing to its mainstreaming. Disseminate the results across the institutional network and support building a vibrant community of OI actors that stimulate cross-border innovation with sustainability focus.
The expected results of the project are:
ü 1 EMPHASIS EUROMED Open Innovation Network established
ü 80+ SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs’ needs and solutions curated
ü 24 SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs received a customized Innovation Audit Report
ü 24 SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs received coaching and mentoring support services
ü 24 SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs received training seminars
ü 24 SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs were served with Twinning activities
ü 24 SMEs/ startups/ spin-offs received Brokerage Services
ü 1 Euromediterranean Open Innovation Network Handbook was developed
ü 1 Roadmap for mainstreaming EMPHASIS approach/ policy adoption was developed
ü 1 Roadmap for Operational uptake of EMPHASIS was developed
KiNNO is the Lead Partner of EMPHASIS and is responsible for the management and overall coordination of the project. KiNNO will be actively involved in all project activities to support SMEs to exploit innovations that tackle sustainability challenges and turn them into business opportunities and will closely collaborate and fully support the EMPHASIS partnership for the implementation of the project.
KiNNO Consultants Ltd. is responsible for:
- Support & Contribution in adaptation and integration of methodologies, tools and services to support SMEs in OI and cross-border collaboration
- Support in the development and launch of the Open Call for Identification of OI Opportunities from SMEs
- Curation and quality check of the Open Innovation Opportunities collected from the open call
- Open Innovation support services provision for Greek SMEs (Innovation Audit, Exploitation roadmapping, SMEs Innovation Capacity Building, OI missions, Twinning and facilitation of joint concepts development)
- Integration of the gained experiences and feedback into a Euromediterranean Open Innovation Network Handbook is responsible
The project has a total budget of 818.689,39€, 90% of which is funded directly by the European Union, through the capitalization call of ENI CBC MED Programme
Partnership: KiNNO Consultants Ltd. (Greece), Jordan University of Science and Technology (Jordan), Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Spain), Industrial Research Institute (Lebanon), Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations (Egypt), Science and Technology Park of Sicily (Italy)
EMPHASIS Social Media Accounts