Bringing Space Technology Down to Earth
In 2013 KiNNO became the first Greek organization to participate in ESA’s Technology Transfer Network (TTN)The network consists of brokers across ESA Member States that work together with local industry and national technology-transfer initiatives to spin off space technologies into non-space sectors such as Energy, Maritime, Agrofood, ICT, Health, Materials and Manufacturing.
The aim of the network is to strengthen the link between the space and the non-space industry.
Greek Space Industry
Are you a space company or an organization with technologies that originate from space programmes that could be applied in terrestrial applications?
KiNNO can help you in:
- Identifying commercialization opportunities technologies to non-space markets
- Mediating between you and the non-space industry
- Promoting your technologies and the success stories of technology transfer to a worldwide audience
All you need to do is to fill out the template that you will find here and send back to us
In the following links you will find some examples of Greek space technology offers uploaded on ESA’s Technology Exchange portal
- Sentixi, a multi-purpose sensor information fusion platform
- Integrated Maritime Surveillance Platform
- Multi-scale Reinforcement of Polymer Composite Materials for Performance Tailoring
- Impedance Spectroscopy device for early indication and diagnosis of Coronary disease (Cor-IS)
- Novel materials and systems for High Temperature Polymer Electrolyte Membrane fuel cells
- “RefraSense”: An Embedded Sensor for Continuous Monitoring of the Thickness of the Refractory Lining of Industrial Boilers, Kilns and Furnaces
Non Space Organizations
Are you a company looking for cutting-edge technologies?
Do you want to Innovate?
Do it with space!!
Space is an incredibly hard environment to work in: weightless, airless and daunting temperature extremes. The demand for systems that operate reliably for years on end, with no chance of repair, presents a perpetual challenge to scientists and engineers. The resulting technologies are in a class of their own, offering valuable attributes to non-space markets.
KiNNO can help you in:
- Identifying cutting edge space technologies that can fulfill your technology needs
- Promoting success stories of technology transfer to a worldwide audience
- Marketing your products and services that use space by utilizing the “Space Solutions” trademark
Let’s talk about your technology needs and see how space can benefit your business.
So far the network has identified more than including 30 inventions from the portfolio of ESA’s IP.These technologies that cope with the severe challenges in space are often readily available to be reused by non-space industry, in solving production problems, reduce costs, improve competitiveness or providing new products or services for all of us.
ESA Brokers have gathered in just one year over 80 Technology Requests from non-space companies.
18 Technology Transfer Demonstrator projects were implemented that support the transfer of space technology to terrestrial applications where there is a strong commercial or societal benefit and there is a big technical risk that can be eliminated.
58 were published that illustrate a variety of ways in which ESA-funded programmes have led to novel technology being deployed in other sectors.
ESA Brokers have supported 42 Technology Transfers with more than €7M transfer value.
To find out more about the ESA’s TTN and its achievements in the period 2013-2016 you can download this flyer
For further information you can contact: